Jax Oleum – Solid Wood, Hard Wood & Engineered Flooring
- The flooring should be sanded with an 80 to 100 grit paper or with a 100 sanding mesh pad on the buffing machine.
- All dust must be removed from the sanded floor by vacuum, with a damp cloth or turpentine.
- The floor to be oiled straight after cleaning once the floor is completely dry.
- Oil to be liberally trowelled & then left to dry for -+ 20 minutes.
- It should then be buffed with a heavy duty buffing machine using a beige pad, until the oil starts gelling, the excess must be wiped off with a cloth, and the floor must then be buffed evenly with a white pad.
- The floor should not be used for at least 12 -24 hours. Full cure takes 7 – 14 days & no water should be used on the floor during that time
- The Jax Soft Wax or Lobo Aqua Wax care should be applied to the oiled floor 24 hours after the oiling.
- The floor should be swept or vacuumed daily.
- Once a week, or as required, a wax cleaner should be used to clean the floor. Apply this with a micro fibre mat, mutton cloth or something similar. We recommend products like Lobo, etc.
- Jax Soft Wax can be applied monthly & the Lobo Aqua Wax Care every 6 months, for added protection.
Tips and Tricks
- Floor should be kept as dirt free as possible
- The micro fibre mat, mutton cloth or mop used should be damp and not too wet as excess water applied on the floor may bring about problems over time
- Spills should be wiped off as soon as possible, Lobo’s Clean Fix, is good for spill stains